I lived in Mavelikara, Kerala from 2006 to 2007. Fast-forward to January, 2011 and I'm returning to Kerala for the first time in four years.

Monday, December 18, 2006

My Christmas Gift to You



Merry Christmas Friends and Family! Below is my Kerala Christmas gift to you. Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Kerala-Style Chicken Curry
Chicken 250 gms
Coconut Milk ½ Cup (thick)
Coriander powder 2 tsp, Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Pepper ½ tsp (lightly roast and grind previous 3 to a fine paste with water)
2 Onions sliced, 1 small piece ginger sliced
4 flakes garlic sliced, Curry leaves 1 sprig
Coconut oil ¼ cup, Mustard Seeds 1 tsp

-Heat oil in a deep pan
-Add mustard seeds, fry
-Add the sliced ingredients, saute
-Add the masala paste, fry until the oil separates
-Stir in the chicken pieces, stir to coat and cook a few minutes
-Cover and cook until meat is tender
-Pour the coconut milk, simmer and remove from flame

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks SO tasty, and I think I'm gonna try my hand at it. I'll let you know how it turns out--any time I stray from the realm of sloppy joes things get interesting. Should be fun. *IDEA* Maybe I'll document it with photos...

I'd return the recipe favor, but I don't know what kind of cooking facilities you have at your disposal (and I'm sure you have much more interesting recipes daily than I can offer). I'm afraid for now you'll just have to settle for best wishes from your doofy friend back in Mad Town, at least until the Curry Concoction Creation occurs.

Merry Christmas Cat!

11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home